‘Daan’ and ‘Utsav’ are two words that describe our Indian Culture extremely well. Daan Utsav, also known as ‘The Joy of Giving Week’ is a Festival celebrated in India every year from 2nd October to 8th October. Launched in 2009, Daan Utsav celebrates the spirit and joy of giving. The festival encourages and empowers millions of people to give back to society in any way they can. It represents breaking down the conventional stereotype of philanthropy, by focusing on the simple act of making someone else happy. This act of giving can be anything from time, money, materials, necessities, or love!
Daan Utsav is a volunteer-driven initiative executed by a passionate group of volunteers who manage the activities of the festival. The festival sees people from all walks of life doing their part for the betterment of society. Its ideology is focused on allowing people to give back in any way they choose. No contribution is too small and every form of contribution is appreciated. Something as simple teaching your household help basic English or feeding a stray dog would be in line with the spirit of Daan Utsav.
In 2017 millions of people participated in more than 1,500 events across 200 cities, raising considerable amounts of money, collecting material donations and volunteering countless hours. Be part of a movement that is dedicated to making a positive impact in people’s lives, an initiative where every small contribution makes a difference.
ConnectFor is looking for volunteers in Pune, to participate in this year’s Daan Utsav. If you live in Pune or are visiting during the week of October 2-October 8, please consider volunteering! More the merrier, spread the message of Daan Utsav by bringing a friend or a family member along with you.
To RSVP, please click on the links provided below, and stay tuned for more updates!
Along with this ConnectFor is hosting a number of Donation drives across Pune. These drives serve as a great opportunity to positively impact the lives of those in need, by donating items you no longer use. Here is a list of NGOs you can donate at.
- Bhumi - Bhumi is a platform which enables individuals to work towards causes like education, environment, animals and community welfare. Here are some items they require — Ruled books, Games-puzzles, Pencils, Geometry boxes, Erasers, Colours, Storybooks
- SNEH Foundation - SNEH Foundation works to provide proper hygiene and high-quality education for the children living in the slums. Here are some items they require — Drawing books, Markers, Educational games, Storybooks, Liquid soap bottles, First aid kits, Craft material: colored papers, craft papers, sequins etc.
- SAMPARC - Social Action for Manpower Creation works for the rehabilitation, care and educational development of orphan children, children of sex workers and all other needy, poor and disadvantaged children. Here are some items they require — Bathing soaps, Washing soaps, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Hair Oil, Toothbrush, Tiffin box, Indoor Game, notebooks Towel bed sheet & Pillow covers
- Connecting NGO — Connecting is an NGO working on the cause of Suicide Prevention. Here are some items they require — Sketch Pens, White Board Marker pens, and refills, Water Bottles, Chart Papers, A4 printing paper, Plastic files Hand Sanitizers
- Maher Ashram -Maher Ashram helps destitute women, children, and men from all over India exercise their right to a higher quality of life, irrespective of gender, caste, creed or religion. Here are some items they require - Rice, Dal, Wheat, Sugar, Jaggary, Cooking Oil, Rava, Poha, Salt, Bathing and Washing soap, Toothpaste, Ground Nut oil.
- Manavya - Manavya works to understand the ramifications of HIV/AIDS outburst in India and to take necessary steps to rehabilitate the innocent children and women affected by this dreaded disease. Here are some items they require — Oil Tins, Pure Cow Ghee, Wheat, Kaju
You can drop these items at the respective NGOs anytime between October 2 — October 8, for exact addresses or if you have questions, please feel free to reach out to ConnectFor at +91 79773 47851.
Since giving back to our community can not be measured, even the smallest actions count. Do share your #SmallJoysofGiving moments with us on social media. Let’s connect for happiness!