Once upon a time, during the medieval age, there was a heroic English man who used to rob from the rich and give to the poor. And we all know who that man was; it was none other than Robin Hood. But in a city with millions of people busy in their business, burdened with their duties, living their own life; do we find a soul bothered for the poor? Do we find anyone interested enough to engage themselves in any infamous charity with no personal motives? Don’t be hopeless. The world might be devoid of Robin Hood, but it has still sustained humanity. The twenty first century Robin Hood Army has abetter perspective to offer than fifteenth century Robin himself.
Robin Hood army, an organization with a vision to eliminate hunger and food wastage, are proving effectively helpful, and might be more efficient than Robin Hood. They don’t steal food but believe in better allocation of food.
Robin Hood Army
- Their vision is to eliminate hunger and food wastage by donating food to orphans, patients, and the homeless.
- They collaborate with various restaurants to process their work.
- They have served more than 18,48,210 needful people. There are more than 8,435 robins spread across 41+ cities.
- Their most famous and biggest event is the Independence Day event where they collaborated with other countries and achieved remarkable targets of serving as many people as they could.
Did you know?
You can volunteer if you can fulfil the following requirements:
- Food Donor: where you can donate homemade food.
- Food Distributer: where you can help in the distribution of food. You can also be a donor and a distributor at the same time.
- Volunteers have to work on weekends after 5 p.m.
- They keep in mind the accessibility to places, for a volunteer to serve.
- The volunteering hours and days are flexible. You can connect with them by visiting their website http://robinhoodarmy.com/
Let’s do a pure benevolent act with no self motives attached; because that is what’s lacking, and we need to get it back to the world. And there is no other good way to do it than to register yourself in Robin Hood Army. So, let us all awake the dormant Robin Hood within us and come together to form the Robin Hood Army.
This blog was written by one of our volunteer content writers, Ayushi Jain. She is a passionate researcher and writer, and this week, her blog outlines the activities & functionalities of Robin Hood Army.
To apply for a volunteering opportunity/internship, visit the ConnectFor platform: goo.gl/6CX2Tk