Are you in a committed relationship? Single? It’s complicated? Situation-ship? Doesn’t matter. This list has options for you regardless of what your relationship status is, because a day celebrating love should always be celebrated by everyone!
- Celebrate Galentine’s Day — Grab your best girlfriends, put on your pretty dresses and head out to your favourite restaurant. Indulge in that dessert, and spend the evening in the company of your best friends.
2. Send Anonymous Gifts to Your Single Friends — There’s no better feeling that making someone else smile! On a day devoted to love, celebrate platonic love, make a card/send a cute little gift or token to those friends of yours who may be feeling a bit blue on this day. You’ll be surprised how quickly you will turn that frown upside down!
3. Have a Spa Day — The best kind of love is self love! Indulge in a spa day with a massage and maybe hair and nails to go with! If you don’t spend like spending a lot of money, there are a lot of DIY home-spa options that you can turn to including homemade face masks. Double the fun and do it with a friend if you’re planning to do it at home!
4. Forget Love, I’d Rather Fall in Chocolate — Did you know eating chocolate releases serotonin, the same hormone that is released when you fall in love? Make the most of this little scientific tidbit, and do all the baking you had been putting off — brownies, chocolate chip cookies, all that your heart desires. Then enjoy the fruit of your labour, and if you have many to spare, distribute them with the homeless or your neighbours, because everyone should have something sweet on Valentine’s Day!
5. Have A Movie Marathon — Doesn’t really matter how you personally feel about Valentine’s Day, a movie marathon is always a good idea. If you’re a mushy gushy romantic, pick the classic romance dramas. If you want a light hearted and optimistic reminder love exists, pick out the romcoms. If you hate the day and everything it stands for, hey it’s the perfect mood for some horror.
6. Host A Games Night — Nothing says love like some competitive board gaming with your favourite group of people! Be in Taboo, Poker or Monopoly, it’s impossible to have a bad night if it’s games night! The adrenaline alone is enough to ensure a heady feeling, not to mention all the laughs from poorly attempted trash talk, and even worse luck for that one underdog. If you really want to work with a theme, pick games related to Valentine’s Day — like Valentine’s taboo (design your own), or Hearts, or Charades on movies with Love in the title.
7. Go on a Date With Dogs! — ConnectFor is hosting an event to celebrate the spirit of true loving, by introducing all animal lovers to the Thane SPCA dogs on February 18, 2017. These dogs have been subjected to different forms of human cruelty, and are really in need of cuddles and some TLC from dog-lovers everywhere. Spend 3 hours with these little doggies and celebrate love in all its forms. If you want to join the #CFCommunity volunteers, RSVP here.