Have you ever wanted to volunteer and give back but felt that you did not know how to contribute effectively? Or maybe you were a bit worried that your opinions on prevalent issues would not be considered? Well, you were wrong! Being involved in community engagements is a great way to give back!
At ConnectFor we believe community involvement is vital to help address and resolve societal and environmental issues, which is why we have curated a range of events you can volunteer at this year.
Participating in community events is a great way to give back to society and support causes that are dedicated to improving the lives of those in need. It is essential for us to make time in our busy lives to do our part in leading the change through communal activities.
Believe it or not, volunteering has its perks. It can help reduce stress, enhance your professional career, and give you a sense of purpose. Volunteering does not necessarily have to be a long-term commitment, giving a small amount of time from your busy schedule and helping those in need can improve your health and happiness. Let’s take a look at these benefits more in-depth.
- Improving others lives and giving back to society - The first benefit that you would derive on participating in a Community Engagement is that you will in some way surely improve their lives and back to the society in the smallest possible way by contributing just some amount of your time.
- Connecting with People - Community engagements provide you with the opportunity to meet and connect with people from all walks of life. Working together towards solving a common problem instills a sense of comradery between volunteers, often result in long-lasting friendships. A great opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and interact with like-minded people working towards the betterment of society.
- Strengthening your body, mind, and soul - Volunteering strengthens your body, mind, and soul. Help improve your state of mind by decreasing stress, anger and anxiety that many of us deal with in our lives. The idea of helping and being there for others is a type of feeling that will help decrease your stress. You are making a meaningful connection with another person, something that you probably won’t have a chance to do so often. Additionally, doing good for others and the community will provide a sense of accomplishment, and will increase the confidence of a volunteer.
- Career Growth - Volunteering can help grow your professional career and bring growth to your career. If you’re in the process of switching jobs or want a break to do something different-volunteer! By volunteering with different people and NGO's, you are broadening your horizons and experiences. This might help you figure out what you want to do next! Furthermore, volunteering gives you the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, collaboration, communication, problem-solving, and organization skills.
- Bringing Joy into your Life - Volunteering can bring joy into your life. Volunteering is an easy way to explore your interests and passions. Just like how volunteering can bring advances to your career, finding the fun in volunteering can help people find peace and a purpose to live. When you partake in volunteering, you will find it meaningful and interesting. Volunteering can be relaxing and can energize and motivate you from your day to day routines at work, and/or school.
We believe that being involved with our local community is all about building relationships: with the community, leaders, various businesses, and most importantly, with the citizens of those communities. We believe that it is our responsibility to serve, connect, and celebrate our community, and to do this we need you!
Have we convinced you to participate in community events yet? We hope we have! If you are not sure where to start. Well, we’ve got the answer for you! Register on the website: www.connectfor.org, and stay tuned for more community events happening around you. Make sure to sign up, and make a difference in someone’s life!
Join us on 19th October for DIY — Diya It Yourself. RSVP Now: https://www.connectfor.org/events/diya-it-yourself-diya-making/